English Communicative Class 10 Syllabus
Hello friends!! Stunerd welcome you all .In this post I have provided the latest syllabus of class 10 English Literature 2020-2021 along with some key-points and guidelines as according to CBSE Board .
This post includes :-
- Complete Syllabus of Class 10 English Communicative.
- Topics includes in the syllabus and types of questions of Class 10 English Communicative which are likely to come in board examination according to CBSE BOARD.
- Exam pattern of English Communicative.
The syllabus consists of three sections:
(i) Reading Skills,
(ii) Writing Skills with Grammar, and
SECTION A: READING
This section will have two unseen passages of a total of 700-750 words as per the details below:
Q.1: A Factual passage 300-350 words with eight Very Short Answer Type (VSA) Questions. [8 marks]
Q.2: A Discursive passage of 350-400 words with four Short Answer Type Questions of eight marks to test inference, evaluation and analysis and four VSA to test vocabulary and comprehension (two VSA for vocabulary and two for comprehension) [12 marks]
SECTION B: WRITING AND GRAMMAR
Q.3: Formal Letter (Complaints / Inquiry / Placing order / letter to the editor) in about 100-120 words. The questions will be thematically based on the Main Course Book. [8 marks]
Q.4: Writing a short story based on a given outline or cue/s in about 200-250 words. [10 marks]
The Grammar syllabus will include the following areas in class X:-
- Modals (have to/had to, must, should, need, ought to and their negative forms)
- Use of passive voice —> <Deleted>
- Subject – verb concord
- Reporting(i) Commands and requests(ii) Statements(iii) Questions
- Clauses:—–> <Deleted>
- (i) Noun clauses(ii) Adverb clauses of condition and time(iii) Relative clauses
- Prepositions—–> <Deleted>
The above items may be tested through test types as given below:
Q.5: Gap filling with one or two words to test Prepositions, Articles, Conjunctions and Tenses. [4 marks]
Q.6: Editing or Omission [4 marks]
Q.7: Sentences reordering or Sentence Transformation in context. [4 marks]
SECTION C: LITERATURE TEXTBOOK AND LONG READING TEXT
The Literature syllabus will include the following areas in class X:-
Class 10 English Literature Reader
- Chapter 1- Two Gentlemen of Verona
- Chapter 2 -Mrs. Packletide’s Tiger
- Chapter 3 -The Letter
- Chapter 4 -A Shady Plot
- Chapter 5 -Patol Babu, Film Star
- Chapter 6 -Virtually True
- Chapter 7 -The Frog and the Nightingale
- Chapter 8 -Mirror
- Chapter 9 -Not Marble, nor the Gilded Monuments
- Chapter 10 -Ozymandias
- Chapter 11 -The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
- Chapter 12- Snake
- Chapter 13 -The Dear Departed
- Chapter 14 -Julius Caesar
Class 10 English Language and Literature
Class 10 English First Flight (Prose)
- Chapter 1 -A Letter to God
- Chapter 2 -Nelson Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
- Chapter 3 -Two Stories about Flying
- Chapter 4 -From the Diary of Anne Frank
- Chapter 5 -The Hundred Dresses – I
- Chapter 6 -The Hundred Dresses – II
- Chapter 7 -Glimpses of India
- Chapter 8- Mijbil the Otter <Deleted>
- Chapter 9- Madam Rides the Bus
- Chapter 10 -The Sermon at Benares
- Chapter 11 -The Proposal.
Class 10 English First Flight (Poem)
- Chapter 1 -Dust of Snow
- Chapter 2 -Fire and Ice
- Chapter 3 -A Tiger in the Zoo
- Chapter 4 -How to Tell Wild Animals <Deleted>
- Chapter 5 -The Ball Poem
- Chapter 6 -Amanda
- Chapter 7 -Animals
- Chapter 8 -The Trees <Deleted>
- Chapter 9 -Fog <Deleted>
- Chapter 10 -The Tale of Custard the Dragon
- Chapter 11 -For Anne Gregory <Deleted>
Class 10 English Footprints Without Feet
- Chapter 1- A Triumph of Surgery
- Chapter 2 -The Thief’s Story
- Chapter 3- The Midnight Visitor <Deleted>
- Chapter 4- A Question of Trust <Deleted>
- Chapter 5- Footprints without Feet
- Chapter 6- The Making of a Scientist
- Chapter 7- The Necklace
- Chapter 8- The Hack Driver
- Chapter 9- Bholi
- Chapter 10- The Book that Saved the Earth <Deleted>
Class 10 English Extended Reading Text / Novels / Long Reading Text
- The Story of My Life By Helen Keller (Unabridged Edition)
The Diary of a Young Girl Summary By Anne Frank
Above chapters will be tested through these type of question.
Q.8. One out of two extracts from prose / poetry / play for reference to context. Four Very Short Answer Questions: Two questions of one mark each for global comprehension and two questions of one mark each on interpretation. [4 marks]
Q.9. Four Short Answer type Questions from the Literature Reader to test local and global comprehension of theme and ideas (30-40 words each) [2×4 = 8 marks]
Q.10. One out of two long answer type questions to assess how the values inherent in the text have been brought out. Creativity, imagination and extrapolation beyond the text and across the texts will be assessed. (100-120 words). [8 marks]
Q.11. One out of two Very Long Answer Question on theme or plot involving interpretation, inference and character, in about 200-250 words based on prescribed novel text
for extended reading. [10 marks]
For more detailed information check here It is also the parent source of this post .
So friends this is the latest syllabus of class 10 you all have to cover upto the end of the session .
You can also check the other syllabus of class 10 from the Class 10 page I have provided .
Also this is the latest syllabus till date but there is no assurance that this syllabus would not change so keep yourself updated regarding this.
So start covering the syllabus because every second counts.
All the best .
If you want to check more class 10 related post you can- check here
1.If you are interested in music and facts –CLICK HERE
2.If you wanna explore places for travels and wanna know about their facts –CLICK HERE