Hello Friends!! Today I am going to share my self-made notes related to map with you regarding Class 6 History chapter 1 :-What,Where , How and When .
As discuss in the previous part of this chapter I share my precious notes of theory with you and now in this post we are gonna discuss about the map related part present in the chapter.
What ,Where ,How and When
For living purpose, water is the most vital element a human needs because of which many historians found a lot of evidences related to history of people,about the civilization of the early people and many things to know about the past .Narmada river also serves as water source to many civilization in the past due to which a lot of traces of past were found.
Some information about Narmada River:-
- A large portion of Narmada flows in Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat because of which Narmada is known as the life line of Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat.
- This river Narmada originates from the small reservoir Narmada Kund located at Amarkantak which is present in the State Madhya Pradesh.
- It flows in three states of India :- Gujarat, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh .
- Narmada is famous as one of the Seven holy Rivers of India.
- People of India worship it because it is treated as a divine river according to Hindu mythology .
- Its length is 1.31 Km ( approx ).
- Lots of the historical remains were found near the bank of Narmada river which tells regarding Hunter and Gatherers livelihood and their civilization to historians because Narmada river have been the good source of water from the ancient time.
Sulaiman and Kirthar hills
Some information about Sulaiman and Kirthar hills :-
- Sulaiman hills are found in Zabul ,Kandaahar and Loya Paktia regions of Afghanistan and in Pakistan they extents to the north part of Balochistan and south-west part of Punjab.
- Sulaiman hills height extends upto 3,383 meters.
- Kirthar Mountains are found between the Balochistan and Sindh of Pakistan.
- Kirthar mountains have a highest peak called Zardak Peak of height 2,260 meters.
- These hills are also related to the past where civilization traces were present .
- These places most specially known or recognize for the places and areas where women and men first began to grow crops such as wheat and Barley about 8000 years ago.
- The evidences found here also tells that people who lived there also begin the domestication of animals like sheep , goat and cattle and lived in villages or groups.
Some information related Garo hills :-
- Garo hills are the part of the Garo- Khasi range in Meghalaya ,India
- It is located in one of the Seven Sisters of India .
Note :- The Seven Sisters of India are :-
- Arunanchal Pradesh
- Meghalaya ( Garo hills located here)
- Garo hills are recognize as one of the wettest places of the world.
- People who resides in the Garo hills are known as the Garos.
- There are also many evidences of agriculture were found .
Some information related Vindhyas Hills :-
- Vindhyas hills is also famous by the name of Vindhyachal .
- It runs roughly parallel to Narmada river on the map.
- Vindhyas is present in states :- Gujarat , Uttar pradesh , Bihar , Chattisgarh , Madhya Pradesh.
- It also have a great significance in Hindu mythology and history.
- In the Hindu mythology it is the southern boundary of the Aryavarta – the territory of the ancient Indo- Aryan people.`
- This place is famous because in the north of Vindhya hills the rice was first grown.
Some information related to Indus River :-
- Indus river is also famous by the name of ” Sindhu River ” .
- Indus river is one of the longest rivers in Asia.
- It is the longest river of Pakistan .
- In India it have its five tributaries which are :- Jhelum , Chenab , Ravi , Satluj , Beas.
- Indus had also provided historians a lot of evidences regarding the past.
- One of the important evidences historians found is that they discover remains of some cites which tells us that about 4700 years ago, some of the earliest cites or first cities were present on the banks of the river Indus and its tributaries” .
Some information related Ganga River :-
- Ganga is consider as one of the holy rivers of India according to the Hindu mythology and because of which people worship it.
- It origins from Gangotri Glacier of the Western Himalayas in the Indian states of Uttarakhand and it meet to sea from Bay of Bengal.
- Ganga flows in India and Bangladesh.
- Ganga’s tributaries at left side are :- Ramganga ,Garra , Gomti ,Ghaghara ,Gandak ,Burhi Gandak, Koshi, Mahananda ,Brahmaputra.
- Ganga’s tributaries at right side are:- Yamuna, Tons, Son, Punpun, Falguz, Kiul, Karamnasa, Chandan, Ajoy, Damodar, Rupnarayan .
- Its length is 2,704 Km.
- Ganga river also acts as water source for humans from the ancient time, due to which historians gets a lot of remains regarding the people who used to live their.
- About 2500 years ago the cities developed on the banks of the Ganga and its tributaries.
- The areas along the rivers to the south of the Ganga was known as Magadha.
- The Magadha rulers were powerful in the past because of which they set up a large kingdoms.
Above we have discuss the places which are mention in the chapter 1 and there i have provided some detailed information regarding it so go through it.Now at last there are some key-points of this chapter which are:-
|Narmada Valley||Hunting and Gathering|
|Magadha||The first big kingdom|
|Garo hills||Early agriculture|
|Indus and its tributaries||The first cities|
|Ganga valley||Cities about 2500 years ago|
Some important dates
|8000 years ago||Beginning of agriculture|
|4700 years ago||The first cities on Indus|
|2500 years ago||Cities in the Ganga valley , a big kingdom Magadha|
So friends both Chapter 1 Theory and Chapter 1 Map are completed. I hope you all will go through my notes which I have provided here. So study well and share to as many people you can so that they could also get benefits of the handmade notes of mine.
- .For more education related stuff –CLICK HERE
- If you are interested in animation or in anime watching –CLICK HERE
- If you wanna explore places for travels and wanna know about their facts –CLICK HERE
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin